The Southern California Association of Nonprofit Housing will be hosting the California Emerging Technology Fund (CETF) for a special workshop on the new CASF Public Housing Grants for Broadband Connectivity and Training.
You are invited to attend and obtain information on the program guidelines and application instructions and meet organizations that are doing this type of work. Both public housing authorities and affordable housing developers are eligible for this grant.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED - WALK IN ONLY.
New Public Housing Grants for Broadband Connectivity and Training Workshop
Fair Oaks Renaissance Plaza Community Room (2nd Fl.)
649 N. Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91103 (map)
Thursday, March 5th, 2015
10:00 AM- 12:00 Noon
Background information: The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has approved the highly anticipated CASF Public Housing grants program in December 2014. The Commission has begun accepting applications on a quarterly basis.
The CASF Public Housing Account provides:
* $20 million for grants and loans to finance inside wiring and equipment so every resident can have broadband at home.
* $5 million for adoption projects (e.g. Digital Literacy training and computers).
* Awards grants and loans to finance up to 100% of inside wiring installation and equipment costs.
* Funds up to 85% of the adoption projects costs.
* Requires Grantee to maintain and operate the network for a minimum five years after receiving CASF funding.
CETF’s mission is to close the Digital Divide in California. The CETF Team is determined to disseminate information on this funding opportunity and facilitate quality applications across the state in priority communities like yours.
Southern California Association of Non-Profit Housing
340 E. 2nd Street, Suite 406
Los Angeles, CA. 90012
fax (213) 480-1788
RETURN TO MAIN SITE
Copyright © 2017 SCANPH